Job Number 20006203
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Grosvenor House London| 86 Park Lane| London|
Greater London| United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Provide food and beverage service to guests in all types of banquet functions
(Events| Weddings| Conferences| Meetings etc.) including setting up and
clearing of dining tables and buffets. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness
of all banquet equipment and meeting space.
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers;
• Be able to clearly express oneself verbally in the English Language using
good grammar| vocabulary and a friendly voice| as well as excellent body
language and eye contact;
• Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age;
• Demonstrate a neat| professional appearance| outgoing personality| a ready
smile and a willingness to assist others.
• Serve meals| beverages| coffee breaks| receptions| other special functions|
as assigned| following standard policies and procedures;
• Explain to guests as requested the menu| major ingredients and preparation
methods for each item to be served;
• Maintain cleanliness standards during service;
• Assist in setting up and/or breaking down banquet spaces or other special
food service tables| stations and equipment| as needed;
• Prepare and serve drinks;
• Service/freshen all meeting rooms as required.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
• A competitive salary and benefits package;
• A ground floor opportunity to join a dynamic Events team in an interesting
and challenging environment.
Playing host to the Pride of Britain| BAFTA| Mercury Music Awards| Crime
Thriller Awards and many others| JW Marriott Grosvenor House on London’s
impressive Park Lane| is the only place to be this season…
Frequented by royalty| celebrities and business leaders since its opening in
1928| we have Europe|s largest ballroom| with a capacity for over 2000 guests.
The historic Grosvenor House Great Room is the London venue for the most
prestigious of Award Ceremonies| Weddings| Concerts and Events| providing
exceptional style| service and facilities expected from a 5-star luxury hotel
To ensure we continue to offer our guests a great service| we are looking for
fabulous people to join our Banqueting team. Your skill set does not matter to
us as long as you are enthusiastic and energetic with excellent personal
presentation; we can give you the skills to deliver outstanding customer
service ensuring our guests have a memorable experience. Shifts are 3 hours+
with flexible work around evenings and weekends.
If you have driven and a genuine passion for hospitality and delivering
outstanding service we would love to hear from you! This is a busy| fast paced
environment with short and long term opportunities within a Marriott Hotel.