Job Number 20020896
Job Category Spa
Location Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club| Ware| Ware|
Hertfordshire| United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
To run the Health Club Reception desk| providing a caring| friendly| and
efficient service to our members and guests| and ensuring that all accounting
and security procedures meet Company requirements| with an emphasis on
excellent customer service at all times.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time 40-hour position based at the Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel.
Number of Direct Reports – 0
Rate of pay – £7.70 per hour + 10% retail commission (enhanced rate of pay over & above Government advisory rate for apprentices)
Reporting to – Leisure & Spa Supervisors
Experience/Education or Certification/Skills and Knowledge:
Level 2 or 3 spa therapist qualification essential or studying towards
Strong Communication skills (verbal| listening| writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent self-presentation & grooming
Excellent Customer Care Skills
Good level of English essential
Able to deal with difficult situations professionally and efficiently
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:
1) To be aware of the Marriott Leisure & Spa SOP’s.
2) To be confident once trained in using Concept our booking system.
3) To be fully competent with the use the Reception shift checklists and One
4) To be fully aware of the daily sell strategy| current sales strategy|
special rates and promotions| corporate agreements and discount conditions.
5) To be fully versatile with all Leisure Club facilities and actively promote
6) To register members into the Club| taking into account legal requirements
and Marriott standards.
7) To understand| monitor and manage the locker key issue system| as per
8) To understand our cancellation policy procedures and charges| and comply
9) To understand VIP policies and liase with the Guest Relations Manager and
the Front Office Manager regarding VIP’s. To liaise with Concierge regarding
directing guests to their room| luggage handling and car parking procedures.
10) To be able to assist and deal with member and guest queries.
11) To be able to work shifts on a rota basis| including early morning|
evening and weekends.
12) To be aware of and comply with departmental image standards.
13) To understand our Brand Standard requirements| and their implication on
the Health Club and Hotel.
14) To understand Marriott’s Guest Satisfaction Survey and Guest Response and
its implications on the Health Club and Hotel.
15) To ensure that guests receive a genuinely friendly| prompt and efficient
service at all times.
16) To undertake appropriate training| as recommended by Reception supervisor
or Director of Leisure.
17) To understand the signing in and out procedure and ensure that timesheets
are handed to Reception Manager within the designated times.
18) To ensure you are fully aware of V.I.P.s and regular guests in house.
19) Ensure that balances between Concept and Opera are carried out on a daily
20) To be responsible for a cash float| and ensure its security at all times|
as per procedure..
21) Support the Health Club to drive income and deliver all aspects of the
22) To ensure that day guests are properly welcomed| shown round and looked
after during their day
23) To be responsible for booking all day guest packages in line with the
standard procedure| and ensure all schedules are completed accurately.
24) To be responsible for recording any relevant information regarding
treatment request on client history.
25) Ensure all information is correct on both Concept and Opera.
26) Ensure Guest history is kept up to date on Concept
27) To ensure all irregular voids| refunds and discounts are correctly
documented and authorised by a senior member of staff.
28) To ensure all treatments are charged correctly onto Guests bills.
29) To be accountable for appropriate cashing up procedures ensuring the
computer balances correctly at the end of each shift.
30) Develop both formal and informal communication channels between the
functions of the department.
31) To deal promptly and courteously with any enquiries at the Reception Desk
or on the telephone.
32) To maintain a consistence level of stores needed| and place orders when
33) To ensure leaflets| around Reception are constantly available and the area
is tidy at all times.
34) Ensure that all department equipment is in good working order.
35) To ensure guest satisfaction| resolving problems| queries or complaints.
36) To be fully conversant with the product and service standards relating to
other departments in the hotel
37) To ensure even distribution of treatment throughout the therapists.
38) To be punctual at all times.
39) As and when required suitably qualified and trained associates are
required to conduct spa treatments.
• To attend department meetings. To action any tasks assigned during the
• To complete ‘short take’ training on a daily basis.
• Report any unusual occurrences immediately to the Duty Manager or in his /
her absence the Director of Leisure.
• Any other duties as imposed by the needs of the business.
• To carry out any reasonable request by a senior manager.
• At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional and
courteous manager Comply with the Fire Safety Policy of the hotel. Ensure
staff use the correct cleaning materials and in the correct manner at all
times as laid down by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health| (COSHH)
Regulations 1988 and maintain your department COSHH Register.
• Proactively support the Health and Safety Policy of the Hotel in conjunction
with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
• To support the departmental New Hire Trainers with new Hire Training in
order to achieve our training objectives and the Marriott Brand Standards
• Ensure all departmental associates adhere to the hotel image standards
• Ensure we maintain the Brand Standards at all times
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies
• To present all adjustment| corrections with correct correspondence and
• To understand the Leisure and Hotel Fire| Bomb and Health & Safety
procedures| and to be able to action them.
• To maintain security of all Club and Hotel assets| and to report any loss or
damage to the Shift Leader.
• To comply with the Data Protection Act regarding the disclosure of
• Set| maintain and review standards regularly to ensure the ‘Marriott Way’ is
achieved. To understand| and embrace| our Spirit to Serve culture and ethics
at all times.